Embedded Lockdown Manager automatically detects which lockdown features are installed on the device, and displays configuration options for only those features. Embedded Lockdown Manager uses Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) providers to detect and change configuration settings, and can export the settings to PowerShell scripts.
This tool can be used to make changes directly to the registry. Make configuration changes at your own risk. Validate your changes in a test environment before deploying to a live environment or production device.
You can use Embedded Lockdown Manager to configure the following lockdown features for Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry:
· Keyboard Filter – Suppresses undesirable key combinations, such as Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
· Dialog Filter – Prevents undesirable pop-up windows and dialog boxes from appearing on the screen.
· Unified Write Filter – Protects physical media from write operations.
· Shell Launcher – Launches an alternate shell instead of the standard Windows shell.
· Windows 8 Application Launcher – Enables a single Windows Store application to start automatically. Can be configured to disable the Start screen.
· Gesture Filter – Prevents undesirable edge and corner gestures.
· USB Filter – Allows only trusted USB devices to connect to system.
To get started, connect to a local or remote device by clicking on Connect to Device… in the Actions pane. For more information, press F1 for help.
Important: To connect to a device, you must use an administrator account and the password cannot be blank.
If you are having trouble getting Embedded Lockdown Manager to remotely connect to a device, you may need to configure your device for remote management. For more information, see Configure a Device for Remote Management.